No Sweat – raising funds for Oporajeo, a worker-owned factory in Bangladesh run by those involved in the Rana Plaza rescue mission – They have:
- Switched production from T-shirts to medical masks and aprons to support local hospitals.
- Sent the majority of workers home on full pay to prevent the spread of infection.
- Set up an internal fund to ensure that basic salaries are paid during the crisis.
- Created a rationing facility for workers and the local community in case a national lockdown leads to food shortages.
Set up an emergency call centre for workers to get information and ask for support.
- A solidarity fund is being created to help raise money to support their emergency response efforts.
- Garment Worker Center COVID-19 Emergency Fund: Ensuring garment workers in LA have access to the resources and support they need at this time, who are struggling with: rent, threatened job security, food insecurity, poor working conditions.